from october 2022
Centro Studi Erickson | Viale Etiopia, 20 | Rome | Italy
non-resident non-EU students who want to apply for the italian university entrance test
700 hours of lessons of Italian language and scientific subjects
Canalescuola Coop. Soc. Onlus was founded on 2 February 2006 in Bolzano (Italy), thanks to the commitment of a working group that arose a few years earlier on the basis of multiple interests converging on technology and, in particular, on its educational and training applications. The Cooperative's “vision”: why Canalescuola was founded and for what purpose? Students, researchers and teachers belonging to the research group of Canalescuola, reflect on the critical and conscious use of technologies for teaching and education. Such purpose represents the primary objective of the cooperative and indicates its current path: the integration of digital technologies in education and the development of critical skills in children about the use of technology.
Where does the Cooperative works?
Canalescuola Coop. Soc. onlus operates throughout the country thanks to many contacts developed during the years. In its more than ten-year activity Canalescuola has opened offices and laboratories in: Trentino-Alto Adige, Veneto, Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Emilia Romagna, Tuscany, Lazio, Molise, Puglia, Calabria and Sardinia. It also organizes residential campuses abroad in England, Ireland and Germany.
Learning of Italian language and scientific disciplines aimed at passing the admission test to the faculty of Medicine and Surgery dedicated to non-resident non-EU students.
THE PROJECT INTERCULTURE FOR THE UNIVERSITY ITALIAN
The "Intercultura for the Italian university" project is a course of training aimed at non-resident non-EU students who want to train for take admission tests and / or enroll at an Italian university . The course does characterized by its important inter- and transcultural vocation (accompaniment, comparison, mutual knowledge and influences) and, above all, with a very strong and important part of didactic innovation (methodologies, tools and experimentation that come from great experience of Canalescuola and his research group). The teaching of Italian language, logic, chemistry and biology become an opportunity for a meeting with the difference .
Areas of the project
Specific areas: didactics of linguistic and scientific disciplines, scholastic and social inclusion
Secondary areas: intercultural education, didactic and methodologies, didactic and digital innovation
The course, lasting 700 hours, consists of two complementary modules:
- Italian module - 400 hours
- Scientific subjects module - 300 hours
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM - ITALIAN MODULE
ITALIAN LANGUAGE L2 - TEACHING AND METHODS FOR LEARNING THE ITALIAN LANGUAGE - 200 hours
◦ Teacher: Claudia Matthiae
◦ Learning of levels A1-A2-B1-B2 in line with the indications of the Common European Framework for Languages
◦ Comprehension and written and oral production, strengthening of grammatical and lexical skills, strengthening of listening and reading skills, and of oral production and interaction, specialized and personalized activities on language learning with a metacognitive language teaching approach.
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM - SCIENTIFIC SUBJECTS MODULE
SCIENTIFIC-PROFESSIONAL MICRO-LANGUAGE EDUCATIONAL LABORATORY - 40 hours
◦ Teachers: Raffaele Cariati - Giovanni Giuseppe Nicosia
◦ Didactic laboratory- technology aimed at the acquisition of the scientific sectoral language in the chemical-physical-mathematical field through cooperative activities and production of effective study materials for learning
VERBAL LOGIC - 30 hours
◦ Lecturer: Claudia Matthiae
◦ Deepening of the Italian language and of the sectoral and specific language of Medicine, grammatical and logical analysis, analysis of the period, rhetorical figures , semantics of prefixes and suffixes, formal logic, inductive and deductive reasoning
CHEMISTRY - 70 hours
◦ Lecturer: Raffaele Cariati
◦ Matter, elements, atomic and molecular bonds and interactions, reactions, mixtures and solutions, organic chemistry
BIOLOGY - 90 hours
◦ Lecturer: Cristina Palmeri
◦ Cytology and metabolic processes, genetics, anatomy and physiology of the human body
MATHEMATICS, PHYSICS, MATHEMATICAL LOGIC - 90 hours
◦ Teachers: Raffaele Cariati - Giovanni Giuseppe Nicosia
◦ Programmatic overview and exercises of multiple choice test management methods related to the contents of mathematics, physics and mathematical logic
FINAL SIMULATIONS - 20 hours
◦ Additional simulations of strengthening and summary based on the criteria indicated by the Ministerial Decree
TEACHING METHODS AND TOOLS
- Software aimed at simplifying and adapting the text
- Concept maps, mind maps, context syntax maps
- Digital books in pdf format
- Principles of meaningful learning
- Analysis of the structure and contents of the admission test covered by the course
- Explanation of theoretical knowledge and techniques solving the exercises present in the test; for the tests of a notional nature there are cycles of lessons dedicated to the targeted review of all the topics that knowledge is required for
- Practical exercises in the classroom and constant verification of the knowledge learned
- Analysis and discussion of the questions present in the official tests of the last few years
- Final simulated test that reflects the contents, times, methods of carrying out the Official tests Study materials, texts, concept maps and schemes will be proposed, developed and provided free of charge to students. In particular, texts and multimedia resources provided by ALMA Edizioni are adopted. The course will also be managed in an integrated way through the use of Canalescuola's Moodle digital platform.
Scientific subjects module + logic and general culture + simulations - 300 hours - 2300
Italian module (level from A1 to B2) - 400 hours - 2800
Complete course : Italian + scientific subjects + logic and general culture + simulations - 700 hours - 4000
Each module will be activated upon reaching 14 students.
To register for the training course, you can fill out the form found at the link at the bottom of the page. For information about the course or accommodation, you can request information via this link.
ASK FOR INFORMATIONS
The course will be organized in compliance with national and local regulations regarding the prevention of contagion from Covid-19. You can find the operational protocols regarding the protection measures by clicking here (only in Italian).
Once you have registered or made the first contact you will receive in detail the information regarding participation in the course and stay in Italy. For specific information you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scientific direction and supervision - Dr. Emil Girardi - Pedagogist, teacher, former consultant of the Pedagogical Area of the Education and Training Department of the Autonomous Province of Bolzano and of Intel®Corporation for Education projects, collaborates with the Free University of Bolzano and the University of Verona, designs and manages numerous experimental projects in collaboration with Italian eUSP / USR schools. Founding member and president of Canalescuola, trainer in the field of "new technologies and teaching", coordinator of the Italian laboratories "Help me do it alone"
- Prof. Paolo Matthiae - Professor Emeritus of the University of Rome La Sapienza, after having been Dean of the Faculty of Humanities and Pro-Rector for cultural problems. He is the discoverer of Ebla in Syria, whose excavations he undertook in 1964 and still directs. He is a National Member of the Accademia dei Lincei, Associé étranger of the Academie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres in Paris, a member of the Akademie der Wissenschaften of Vienna, of the Swedish Royal Academy of Stockholm and of the Deutsches Archäologisches Institut of Berlin. He received the honorary degree from the University of Copenhagen and the Autonomous University of Madrid and the honor of Syrian Merit; he was made Knight of the Grand Cross of the Italian Republic.
Docenti Prof. Raffaele Cariati
Coordinatore didattico progetto “Intercultura per l’Università Italiana”, docente di Chimica e Fisica, responsabile Canalescuola LAB Roma, formatore corsi accreditati M.I.U.R. per personale docente, esperto processi apprendimento e didattica inclusiva digitale.
Prof.ssa Claudia Matthiae
Docente Italiano per stranieri e Logica verbale, esperienza docente lingue presso la “Summer School” - Università “La Sapienza” Roma, docente di Lingue e formatrice Canalescuola LAB Roma
Prof. Giovanni Giuseppe Nicosia
Docente di Matematica, membro del gruppo di Ricerca, Sperimentazione e Divulgazione della Didattica della Matematica, dell’International Study Group on Ethnomathematics – Università Alma Mater Bologna, esperto di Etno-Matematica e Didattica Interculturale della Matematica
Prof.ssa Cristina Palmieri
Docente di Biologia, specializzata in Genetica medica, esperienza presso il laboratorio di citologia Ospedale “Villa S.Pietro” Roma, docente specializzata su sostegno e inclusione scolastica, formatrice professionale.
Intercultural mediation The teaching staff will be joined by an intercultural mediation figure with the following tasks:
- collaboration in the preparation of the materials necessary for the dissemination and promotion of course
- collaboration in managing requests for information from interested students and their families
- collaboration and the administrative staff of Canalescuola in managing enrollments
- collaboration in the management of the class group during extra-didactic activities
- collaboration in the management of relations with the Italian Embassy in Tel Aviv or other Italian Embassies in the countries of origin